3 month old

just had a VERY hard poop, like so hard i had to hold is butt cheeks and help him push.. what should i do!

itsaboykayden

Asked by itsaboykayden at 11:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol that was funny. but u should try changing his formula. i use infamil gentlease. its for gassy and fussy babies it also helps the way they poop. cuz sometimes if u dont give them the right amount of water or formula they have trouble pooping. also there are laxitives 4 babies at walmart n stores like that
    preggyjackie21

Answer by preggyjackie21 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• my dd had that issue, water down the formula or breastmilk for a few bottles, and the doctor told us to stimulate the rectum, we used a thermometer to relieve the pressure weird I know but they said to stick our finger in and that is too big iIMO
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 12:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I use a q-tip with vasaline. My 3mo has trouble pooping by himself period. Dr says its not a problem because the bm is soft. I still think its not good, but its the only way he will poop. If you use my way, be sure you don't go too deep and be gentle. Parents have accidentally ruptured the anal wall. BE CAREFUL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• If it's just the once I wouldn't worry. If it continues to happen, speak to the doctor. What is his diet?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2009