Putting up a wall is the only way I can keep from getting hurt. Do you ever feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• i'm 22 and i've been that way since i was very young, about 6 maybe earlier. i was very advanced. i was born an adult lol only thing that sucks about being born that way, responsible, intelligent far beyond my years, reasonable, is that i got the depression and anxiety as well. just don't let it ruin your life. i have a very hard time with it. when me and DH have problems we talk about it but i still get defensive. it's unhealthy.
    Anonymous

• I used to, but then i realized that i couldn't feel any of the good if i didn't feel some of the bad.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 12:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I put up walls when people get too close! I try to push hem away and it works but then I would get a little lonely. I tried to put up walls with my ex and he could see through them and told me he wasn't giving up that easily and asked why I did it. Well 7yrs later I wish I had kept those walls up with him!!! Its a defense mechanism and sometimes is useful and sometimes is damaging! How to define that fine line!? Take your time with it!!! I wish I had taken another year to learn his secrets and lies, but that's my punishment for believing in a man!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i had that problem for a long time and i learned something very important this year when i met my husband those walls i had surrounding me, funny they were no where to be found, when its right you know for me when those walls are there i know somethings wrong
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• you've got to learn to love yourself and the walls will come down on their own...there's nothing anyone can do to take away my love for myself and my happiness...it took me a long time and a lot of heartache to get to this point....but its a lovely place to be
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2009