Anyone else here think that some moms are freaks?

There was a mom asking if a baby feeling her vein was a big deal, another bitching that her kid would only drink water, another saying her 2 year old had autism cause he couldnt talk full sentenses.

What the hell is the deal? When did we all become over zealous, over/mis diagnoising, hovering, worry warts?

I think all kids are different. Some are bit "off" but most will grow up just fine and will function in society.

Some of these mom worry about the dumbest things. It just pisses me off that these kids have to deal with parents trying to "diagnose" them rather than tryting to UNDERSTAND that they are unique and different and every child is.

NO ONE IS NORMAL. We all have quirks. Why does it matter so much to everyone that we lable ourselves and our children?

I know that was bit of a rant but I just wish these moms would just let their kids be KIDS. Not robots who conform to their ideal of "normal"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I suggest he talk to his sister and his mother and tell them what they are doing to this child is unacceptable. That the child is over medicated and that he is not going to sit by and watch his nephew have to live like this. And as for his comment about you not being blood, I would smack him in the back of the damn head! Someone has to be that boys voice no matter if they are blood or not!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I agree! God I hate that all kids have to have a syndrome now. My son doesn't talk right so he's autistic. NO. I have a brother who's autistic, dsis not. I know the signs, trust me. My son is loud and wiggles a lot so he must be ADHD. No. He is a 2 year old and we are Irish. Irish people are loud. lol.
    But yeah, I agree.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i guess we are doctors...we are FREAKY! lol

im kidding.i havent clicked into these questions though to see them
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• wow you ladies took the words out of my mouths. I agree let kids be kids and quit giving them medicine b/c they have imaginations and they want to play and have fun. quit plopping them in front of the tv and video games and interact with your child.
    Emma7-11-09

Answer by Emma7-11-09 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I have seen many of these moms come on here for help or suggestions from other moms. The questions you mentioned do not bother me, it is the ones that try to start drama that get under my skin/
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I couldn't have said it better myself... too bad you had to appear Anon to state such a good point.

31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Who complains that their child drinks water? I mean honestly it was hard to get my son used to drinking water, who complains about that? Kids are weird, this is my honest opinion. No matter who you are or what you have taught your kid or where they grew up at some point in their life they are going to have some sort of weird quirky odd behavior that makes you scratch your head and go "WTF?". I think most parents these days need to chill out and just go with it unless it is posing a real problem with the kid functioning in society, which most of the problems I hear on here wouldn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• OP here.

I appear anon because the moms that posted said questions that I refered to probably wouldn't be too happy to hear me call them helicopter parents.

That and I like being anon. My SIL is on this site and if her kid sneezes he's taken to the ER and it pisses me off. She just got my nephew doped up on adderall, and he's like the freaking walking dead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i dont have any mom friends IRL who act like this that i know of... but i wouldnt call them freaks, i call them 'thoooose moms...' lol... im definitley not one of 'thooooose moms'
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• OP, if your nephew is like that on his meds, then there is something wrong with the meds dose or even the meds itself. He should not behave like that, I would suggest talking to your SIL and express your concerns with the child. Because, honestly he is not being properly medicated.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:55 AM on Dec. 20, 2009