What should I pack for a plane trip?

I'm going on a plane trip end of January to DC & VA with my 16 month old and my honey. Any helpful suggestions?

What should I pack for 16 month old son carry on and suitcase?

Thanks for your help!

MinnieMouse8

Asked by MinnieMouse8 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Travel

• his clothes, diapers, baby wipes. extra binky if he uses one. toys to entertain him on the plane and a bottle or food so that his ears dont clog up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• For air travel when my kids were young I always had a large amount of cheerios and fed them one or two at a time. A favorite lovey (mine had blankets) and dum dum lollipops to keep the ears clear. Diapers and a full change of clothing. Sippy cups or bottles. Check on the rules about what can go through security before your trip as the rules are always changing. Shortly after 9/11 we were traveling and had water bottles in our carry-ons - they made DH and I take a drink from each one - just in case.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:24 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• You can't take water but you can take 2 bottles of breastmilk or formula, they have a little strip they hold over the top to test it. Take stuff to keep him entertained, nothing worse than a bored screaming kid in such a confined space. let him suck on something @ take off & landing to keep his ears from popping.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• diapers/wipes
    sippy cup/bottle
    formula/breastmilk
    blanket
    pacifier
    clothes
    medication
    toys
    food
    emtgirl885

Answer by emtgirl885 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It's cold back there, make sure you pack some warm clothes, shoes and booties
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:33 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I was going to say pack warm! I am in MD so its going to be cold in January. Be sure to have a warm blanket for the baby, winter jacket ect. As for the plane ride....change of clothes, diapers, wipes, paci/bottle/sippy cup (which ever you use) small toys, snacks. Good luck!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 1:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2009