Tis the season to be Jolly -- No its an opportunity to slander Islam -- Shocked ?

If you thought Christmas was a time for peace harmony and good will to mankind then you need to do a quick rethink.

Heres a link to the Dove Centres Christmas Card, if you watch when it gets to 1.11 mins , after watching snowmen, a house scene , and a nativity you will see the seasonal lights say Islam is of the Devil, and finishes with : Merry Christmas from the Dove World Outreach Centre where Jesus is King and Islam is of the Devil.

I have put this question to show those who wonder why, muslims sometimes are so quick to call out some articles which show Islam in a bad light, It is because there are organisations carrying out campaigns actively trying to rubbish Islam , including planned internet propaganda, with recruited teams of helpers. It just so happens this is one of those organisations whos crusade is to slander Islam.

So forgive us when we seem suspicious of some postings.

zanzeebeel

Asked by zanzeebeel at 12:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• A conclusion to the post rather than a best answer

I know some feel I should have not posted it (including muslims), but some times we need to go outside of our comfort zones. There things of which we should be aware, and just in case there was a doubt about why I posted this,

1- to give an example of insults given to muslims, I personally think that the use of a Christmas card to attribute Islam to the devil is in poor taste.-- I could have used worse examples

2- to inform that there active campaigns to against Islam - something people should be aware of - again i could have used worse examples.

3 - to point out that islam in the UK is being used to fear monger , and that in fact its not as bad as they make out, If non -british are fed only one view point how can they see the balenced truth unless someone points out the bias.

4 - this not about Insulting Christianity but about showing disaproval of a "Christmas Card"
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 2:42 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVUnANaBlJE&feature=player_embedded

zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:00 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Their pastor thinks he has had a prophetic vision. --

This is an article written by Dr. Terry Jones, the Senior Pastor of the Dove World Outreach Centre.

This is Dr. Terry Jones.

I would like to share a prophetic vision that I saw concerning our present world situation.

We have the rise of a very evil, religious and political force, called Islam. We particularly see that rise in Europe where Islam is slowly taking over. This is even recognized by most European governments. What I saw took place in the United Kingdom, where right now, the rise of radical Islam seems to be worsening everyday.
    What I saw there was a civil war between the English people, and between the radical factions of Islam. This turned out to be a very, very bloody battle, of course caused by compromise in the political system, and caused by compromise in the church. We have gotten into a very deceptive realm in the church, CONT
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:10 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Sounds very possible to me. ISLAM does want to take over, that is no secret. And yes, there are prophets, there were in Jesus' day and there is in our days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I believe worldwide, where all we do mainly is call for prayer.

We do not call for accountability. I believe this was a vision and a warning. It is perhaps too late for Great Britain because of the apathy, because of the rise of Islam in that country, but it is not too late for us here in the United States.

We must unite! If we do not unite as Christians, then we will sooner or later be facing another very bloody civil war ourselves. So I call for us to unite, and not only call sessions of prayer. What we must do, we must march, and we must be active.

Thank you.
    -------------

As you can see they believe in actively promoting what I believe is disinformation ( i would call it something else, but I'll be polite) about Islam, and they are not alone in this mission . So please when you read posts be aware that there are people out there with an agenda. If there are a disproportinate number of posts on Islam - go figure !!!
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:16 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Anonymous

Sounds very possible to me. ISLAM does want to take over, that is no secret. And yes, there are prophets, there were in Jesus' day and there is in our days. ------

No anon , it is not true there is no compulsion in religion. and that is precisely the type of disinformation I'm refering to.
    We do not believe in compulsion in religion.

Al-Baqara [2:256] Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth stands out clear from Error; whoever rejects Evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

Yunus [10:99] If it had been the Lord's Will they would all have believed all who are on earth! Wilt thou then compel mankind against their will to believe!

zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• As for Britain I am familiar with it and I have seen a flurry of inaccurate alarmist posts mentioning Islamic extremism there, and I would just like to post a couple of things about it here to show the other side.

Prince Charles just attended an Islamic Relief dinner ---- The Prince said: ''We hear rather too much misleading information about a small minority of your community and not nearly enough about the vastly more numerous acts of compassion and commitment which characterise the work of Islamic Relief and its supporters. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why I was happy to come here this evening, to celebrate these achievements with you.''

zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:42 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• So perhaps we should take into account the feelings of non muslim British about british muslims , before we listen to to anyone else. Yes , there have been some extremist preachers based there, but the government intervened. And as is said a small minority. In fact there has just been a report that indicates the british muslims are the most integrated in europe

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2009/dec/15/muslims-open-society-institute-europe

Of the various things to come out of the Open Society Institute's report on Muslim communities in Europe, including disturbing information about the level of discrimination they face, I'm not at all surprised to read that Muslims living in Britain appear to be the most patriotic. According to the research, on average 78% of Muslims in the UK consider themselves to be British, compared with 49% in France and 23% in Germany.

zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 1:47 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• the same could be said of all religions there are people everywhere that will bash on any religion it isn't just Islam. That is just how the world is and you have to take it as a grain of salt. I am Christian and am irked with the constant need to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. All religions get bashed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Some Chrisitians lash out and call evil anything that doesn't conform to their idea of ideal. But, you also have to admit, there are extremists in your religion, as with all of them. And they are the ones who are giving people the reasons to worry. I know that not all Muslims feel the way the extremists do, so I know not to put a blanket term to them all. Not everyone knows that. They don't take the time to research or learn. They just assume. And then they get mad when people say all Christians are like the Westboro Baptist nuts!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:56 AM on Dec. 20, 2009