Child Support Question

Please no bashing what-so-ever [even though I don't think there would be a reason for you to].

If me and DD's father go to court for Child Support, I know they will make him pay back childsupport starting at the time I file for it. But, we did a DNA test on our own when she was a couple weeks old, do you know if they will make him pay back child support starting at the date we received the results?

Just curious.

NOLAmommaKRYS

Asked by NOLAmommaKRYS at 1:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• No, they will make him pay from the week is it court ordered. He will not pay until it is ordered through them.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:08 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Wow, that's not the way it works in my state. They go all the way back to the day the baby is born and start tallying how much he owes.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 2:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• each state has its own set of rules....some will make him pay from the time he was no longer with you and out on his own...and others will make him pay from the time you filed...best thing you can do is call the court and ask them what thier laws are for your state...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Some make him pay from birth of the child, or date of divorce (if married) or date of DNA test results.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 10:10 AM on Dec. 20, 2009