How does this make you feel?

A handout picture released by the St Matthew-in-the-City Anglican church in Auckland shows an apparently naked Virgin Mary and Joseph in bed together. The billboard has sparked the ire of conservative Christians in New Zealand.

"What we're trying to do is to get people to think more about what Christmas is all about," he told the New Zealand Press Association (NZPA).

To see the picture : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8417963.stm

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 1:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ridiculous!!

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:12 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I'm completely confused as to how THAT educates people in any way about Christmas.

THAT is tacky.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Yes i saw that in the news, I'm still shocked it was put up by a church and they thought that peope wouldnt have a problem with it. Perhaps they were looking for attention ? They got it !!!!! But i expect most people will find it offensive ---- the caption is in truely apalling taste.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 2:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• That is just um a stupid thing to do
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Saw this on the news. Good grief. I'm not even Christian and that still just strikes me as stupid for a church to take an off-color joke and put it on a billboard. What were they thinking?
    TheMom1994

Answer by TheMom1994 at 6:40 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My sister in law is a proud born and bred kiwi and honestly this doesn't surprise me. lol
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i think it's kind of funny! so how do they explain the whole 'immaculate conception' thing? lolololo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I totally agree with you zanzeebeel
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 9:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Honestly, I laughed. I don't think it is close to acheiving the purpose the church said it was trying to, but it was funny.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HILARIOUS
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2009