Did your or Hubby reciever a Christmas bonus or are you expecting one?

We're hoping against hope that he gets one.

Last couple of years they got a bouns in Oct as well as one on Christmas eve.

This year we didn't get one in Oct so we're a bit worried that there may be no christmas bonus.

Normally he would get $800 in oct and $1500ish for christmas.

We don't exactly "count' on that money but it sure would be nice to get.

So my question is are any of ya'll waiting on bonus checks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In the "good days" my husband use to get HUGE bonuses (like $15K) but we have not had one in 2 years. Sure wish I was smarter when we got those bonuses and put them away for a "rainy day" (like now!) I wonder if I will be smarter when the bonuses come back???
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 8:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Hubby got one (and I'm pretty sure it was spent on my presents), but nothing like what you're talking about. He works for a non-profit organization so they got $200 before deductions. I work for a school so no bonuses for us, though we did just settle our contract and got our back pay on the 15th - so it was kind of like a bonus, but not one I'll get every year.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:29 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• DH works in the military and they don't get Christmas bonuses.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• wow I'm getting $20......... But then my hours have been cut and I am not getting enuff to live on week to week...... $20 will help pay a bill but dang $1500 is more than I make in a month..........
    Midnite00

Answer by Midnite00 at 7:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My husband got a Christmas bonus of $250 so we split it and went Christmas shopping for each other... which was wonderful because after we got the kids layaway out, we moved so this season has been tight on us... bonus was wonderful!!
    p88hbear

Answer by p88hbear at 7:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My husband got a $15 grocery gift card. I don't ever remember receiving a Christmas bonus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My husband only got 20 bucks.. he works for a large hospital in the ER.. its a pretty standard "here is your 20 bucks.. merry christmas" for everyone but the doctors. the doctors get a HUGE check.. which really makes no sense because they make the most all year! lol.
    Mine was awesome! I got 1200 bucks! The guy I work for is AWESOME! he really takes care of his employees.. he says he figures out your bonus by how many hours you work the year then gives you something like .50 cents an hour for the whole year..
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My husband got $400. He bought me my gifts with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Dh got a phone. He used to get about $1,000 for his Christmas bonus but for some reason the past two years in a row he's gotten a cell phone. Hopefully it'll be money next year. We don't exactly rely on the money for presents but I would like to put it away into savings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Well, my DH works 2 jobs, but he's only expecting one from 1 job. This Christmas party for that job is tonight and he's suppose to get his bonus check at the Christmas party tonight, but we don't know how much it will be.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:51 AM on Dec. 20, 2009