Kidney stone

Anyone ever had them because I have and it feels like i have them again

psurmont

Asked by psurmont at 3:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in About CafeMom

• No. what do they feel like?

recently I have had random pain though. I don't want to describe it it sounds weird. I got a pap to see if everything was okay and all tests came back clear. so really... what do kidney stones feel like?
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 4:01 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i have kidney stone disease. i have noticed that when i am on birth control or pregnant it is much worse. i had seven trapped in my kidney when i was pregnant with my son, they clogged my ureters and my blood was becoming toxic, they had to put stints in. right now i am on birth control and since i started it have passed probably three or four (a little over a year). i take cranberry tablets and drink a lot of water to prevent and treat my bladder symptoms. i use heat on my back when it starts feeling like one is passing and use azo for my bladder when it burns. lemon juice can help with preventing them. if you're prone to them i'm sorry, it sucks! i was on pain meds my whole pregnancy and my son had to go through 96 hours of detox in the hospital bc of the presciption pain meds they had me on.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I've had kidney stones 3 times It is very painful!! When you are passing it , to me it felt like labor contractions, with no break in between!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 10:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I haven't ever had them and don't want to either, my dh and my bf had them and they say it is worse than having a baby! I just was reading a article in a email that was sent to me about these pesky little buggers and wanted to post something it said in the article.

Q. How can I avoid getting kidney stones?

A. The No. 1 way to avoid painful kidney stones is to drink more fluids. This will better balance the salt and minerals in your body, making it difficult for stones to form. Eating more fiber and calcium rich foods – and eating less beef, pork, poultry and salty foods – can also make a difference.

HTH

~Linda
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 12:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I just recently had a terrible UTI and they scared me saying it may be kidney stones......... I ALWAYS have lower back pain and I'm only 32, well 33 in Jan. Sorry I'm of no help, just wanted to say, I think I have an idea of the pain you must be in. Hope you feel better soon
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 10:26 PM on Dec. 22, 2009