Has anyone worked at golden corral?

I start paperwork Tuesday but I haven't brought up $$$. how much do you make?

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 4:39 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• ive never worked there, but my stepsister did and she said she'd never work there again because she worked cashier and the older people would yell at her if they couldnt get a discount, and it made her feel bad, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:46 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• aw thats no good. I swore i would never do food service agian after Mcdonalds when i was in my late teens. now mid twenties and I gave up on being picky.

there will always be whiny irritating customers wherever a person goes. :\

Concerned that I may have to memorize every recipe for every food in the bakery. if that is the case I can see why there was an opening in the bakery for so long (we are talking months before i decided to take it). Kind of freaked out...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 4:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I didn't mind working there, but in my case, the owner did things sort of in a dishonest way. LOL I did the line and I waitressed. It wasn't bad. I made around $8 or 9 an hour. I also helped with catering. Many times, I got paid under the table....dishonest huh? He (owner) would bribe me to come in by offering me more than what I would normally make. I can't really help you, but I think I would have asked about the pay before agreeing to sign paper work. ALthough, when you really need the job, does the pay matter much?

What position will you be doing? I don't think you have to memorize any recipes or anything--it's all pretty easy. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Let me add that when I waitressed, I made way more than $8 or 9 an hour. I would work a 4 hour shift and come home with $150-200 easily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• thank you all three! I will be working in the bakery anon. Not waitress unfortunately... Maybe i'll ask to do that on the side? lol can't be hard... I remember one of the times I ate there that there was a teen complaining about how everything was so bad and she couldn't wait til her shift was over. it was ridiculous.

My manager seems like the tightly wound type. I hope she is more personable then our first meeting.. she was nice don't get me wrong but she was crabby. something was not going her way so the first time i saw her she was just starting her day and she was angry about something. Then when she was found and brought out to give me the interview the other manager who got her was trying to take the interview from her saying things like *if you are to angry then let me do it*.... that isn't a direct quote.. round about.. I was alittle concerned
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• and yes! under normal circumstances I would have looked before I leaped. i haven't actually signed anything. we agreed I would buy and come in a uniform type set up and fill out paper work and watch videos tuesday
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I haven't, but a friend of mine did years ago, and she said she made the standard $2.13/hour that servers made everywhere, plus tips. She said she actually made decent money. I have eaten there though, but won't again. NO JOKE, my husband and I saw a cockroach crawl into the bowl of tortilla chips. We left, and told the manager why, and even though we hadn't eaten, they didn't even offer to refund our money. Ughh...it makes my skin crawl thinking of it, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Oh man! that is Horrible!!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• so did you get the bakery position? do you need any past experience to get this job? I've never had a job before, but I have to start somewhere.
    kittentits

Answer by kittentits at 11:47 PM on May. 22, 2010