does your church have a cry room? if so do you use it or keep your kids with you?

I like for my kids to stay with me and we sit as a family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, my church does not have a "cry" room. I allow my children to attend youth services while I'm in the chapel. My tears, if any, are tears of joy and praise. Fear is a lack of faith.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 11:00 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• We have a nursery, for babies/toddlers up to age 3. No "cry room". Parents take turns in the nursery. We utilized it with each of our kids from about 9 months old til they were about 2.5. My youngest will be 3 in March and once in a great while (like once every month-2months we still bring him in for the sermon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My church has a cry room and it is a room for families with small children to go in so that the children do not disrupt the service but still allow the parents to hear what is going on. It is usually full, but I love it, I don't have to worry about my kids talking or crying while the service is going on. I just wish the parents would limit it to young children and not older kids who don't want to behave.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• the kingdom hall that i attend has a mommy room. I'm there quite often, my ds is very active and vocal, lol. The mommies go in there when our kids are too loud or fussy or just want to feed them.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I have never heard of a cry room, but we have nursing moms room where we can sit with our babies and nurse during service. It is dark, has a changing room, and rocking chairs. You can watch service through a window (the other side is a mirror).

We also have a nursery where the babies can go while you go into church.

I used the nursing mom's room with my girls until they were all over the place. Then I put them in the nursery. My girls have always enjoyed church and they are loved by the women who serve there.

We don't let children or infants in the sanctuary because it is distracting. But if you want to sit with your children, you can sit in a seperate room and watch the service on a huge movie screen. Most of the kids seem so bored though.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Mine has a cry room but I always went with my kids in there when they were little. I had three kids in a year and half ( twins and a singleton) if it weren't for the cry room I'd never have been about to attend service.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Back when I did go to church we had a nursery. As a teen I worked there. When I used it for my autistic son one time he was kicked out of it for stimming. Not because he hurt anyone, but because he was hand flapping in a corner by himself and vocalizing a bit too loud I guess.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• We don't have a cry room but nursery and classes up to high school the library is equiped with a sound system and one way glass, but no one uses it that way. We also have children's church second service for those who stay both hours. This is for pre school-6th. My oldest goes to the high school class and then we go to church together. My twins are in elementary so they go to sunday school then children's church. Some parents do Sunday school then have the kids come in with them. We also have adult classes first hour.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:34 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• We don't have a cry room, but we do have a nursery. There is a closed circuit TV in there so the nursery workers can still keep up with service. I love working in the nursery, especially now that my youngest kids are teens. The babies are precious. : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 21, 2009