i think i messed up

Dh wantd me to try dressing up in a costume for him so i put on a old halloween costume of dorothy from wizard of Oz and came into the bed room and Dh said i looked like a little girl and that freaked him out and he locked himself in the basement with a bottle of whiskey, Did i do somethig wrong? I'm confused, he aksed me to dress up but didnt say what.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• lol your poor thing!!!! Hubby wants you to dress as something sexy, a woman maybe some leather & lace? Dorothy looks like a young girl w/ the pigtails & way she acts, hubby doesn't wanna feel like a pedophile. Go for something more like you'd see a porn star wear. this'll get his motor running again!!! Give him some time to get that image out of his head though.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Seriously, that's the best laugh I've had all day. Thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• AWWW!!!! It wasn't you, I agree with first poster! Some men want their wife/so dressed in something sexy(sexy doesn't necessarily mean leather & lace, but anything that's lingerie and makes you feel sexy in it!!!), some men want the school girl look, some want the maid, some want the dominatrix. I would massage his ego and ask him what he had in mind, and lovingly apologize for misunderstanding because he wasn't specific enough for you to grasp a concept from. You could go to a porno store and get some sexy outfits and stripper shoes or if not comfortable with that go to ebay and look up lingerie or stripper outfits. My fave store on ebay for exotic stripper shoes(and decently priced too!) is my shoe addiction. Have fun and this will blow over!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Sounds like your DH needs to be more specific on what he wants. Sounds like he went a little off the deep end though with that reaction.
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Just tell him your sorry you misssed understood the question and see if you can try again since now you know what he meant. and get sexied-up. girl! Sexy though not trashy.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Does he regularly lock himself in the basement with whiskey? That is a bit extreme, I would think.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Maybe he would have preferred you in a Spiderman costume. Just thinkin'....
    Anonymous

• He's the Wicked Witch of the West reincarnated. he was afraid you would throw a buket of water on him.
    Anonymous

• Men are so silly. He should have given you a hint of what he wanted. Some men would have loved to do Dorothy! Now that you know he's not into girls try something else. I go through a new personnae each week. Some work for SO and some don't. Look around for something that you could use for a Xena Princess Warrior outfit. I have a bullwhip instead of the ring she had. I bought it on Ebay for about 2 dollars. I don't hit him with it, but it looks cool! I go to thrift stores and pick up outfits and make them into costumes that I like. I wish I could fit in your Dorothy costume. I have a fantastic pair of ruby platform slippers ($5.00 at the mall on clearance) but no costume. Today I was Santa's little helper. Woo Hoo! Santa really rewarded me too!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• If he doesn't want a little girl, get a gray haired wig, stuff a moomoo and ask him if he wants his silver wings!!
    ;)
    Nehalennia

Answer by Nehalennia at 4:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2009