lets talk about the good we do

Last week my son received a 20 dollar card at his work from a regular customer for Christmas.

What random acts of kindness have you done this Christmas season? Have you seen done?

Before anyone jumps my boat, yes I help out and volunteer all year long, at Christmas time we tend to do a little extra.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• this isn't huge-but made my day yesterday...I was at the store and went to the baking isle figuring I'd be lucky if they had that white bark stuff...anyhow it was gone-along with a LOT of other stuff...anyhow this lady was like "they are wiped out" and I agreed and said yeah I figured they wouldn't have what I wanted but haad to give it a shot...anyhow we went our weperate ways and a few min later she comes to me (not sure if she LOOKED for me) and holds up a package of it and asked me how many I needed -that she had found it on an endcap or something- I said one and she handed it to me. I told her she was awesome and thanked her :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I am all for donating to charities, etc. I do as well. I just don't feel the need to discuss it. It makes it come across as phony and a "look at me, look how good I am" type of thing instead of one doing it out of the simple goodness of their hearts. I'm not trying to impress anybody with my good works.

I do however, enjoy hearing about we have had others do something nice for us and how it makes us feel to receive the kindness of others. You know the kind of thing that brings a joyful tear to the eye.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I agree we shouldn't "blow our on horn" but it does inspire others to do similar deeds. Like one day there was a young girl who had no coat and it was in the teens outside. I asked her if she had a coat. She did not. So I gave her mine.

Seniors who are on fixed incomes - a twenty or more in their pocket or purse. A young couple with a very sick newborn - hundreds anonymously.

You get the idea. Now "go and do likewise."
    Learner

Answer by Learner at 11:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My very close friend made me a huge pot of chili because I had minor surgery. It was so sweet of her! I spent the last 3 days helpiing my friend, by taking care of her son since her mom has been super sick.
    I made cookies the other day and sent 3 of my friends home with bags of them.
    I've donated a bunch of items to goodwill.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• the most recent one i can think of- my mom works with a man with 4 kids and a wife and they are very poor. he didnt have money for christmas this year so 1)we invited them over and 2)i got the kids a few toys a peice. i dont know them but i know i want those kids to enjoy some toys on christmas! the gifts werent expensive but they are cool and things you can play with over and over again. i hope they like them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My husband had to put snow tires on our car yesterday and the shop stayed open a few minutes late for him to get it done. My husband gave the man a $20.00 tip for doing that. They both did something kind.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 12:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My DH and I just did something really cool today as far as this goes, but I don't want to talk about it because of the verse that says, "don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing." But I will say that I am so excited about it.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Rather than sharing my own good, that seems a bit boastful to me, it like to share a big one someone in my church did for us. About 2 weeks ago we got a call that someone had donated $250 in a gift card for us for Christmas. My husband hasn't worked in 4 years and I haven't been able to find work either. We were in dire straits to buy any Christmas gifts this year. Then someone did this for us.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Matthew 6
    Giving to the Needy
    1"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
    2"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 3But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
    Anonymous

• Why do some of you seem so ashamed of the good you do in god's name? I spent the last three months cleaning and dressing dolls--which I spent last summer collecting at yard sales--and I donated them to the local religious charity. To put the action in perspective, I put in my time and talents. as well as buying the dolls, material, snaps, thread, ribbon, etc. into restoring these dolls to a state which would make a little owner proud and happy. As an atheist, I don't do any of this in god's name, however. I do it in the name of humanity.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:01 PM on Dec. 21, 2009