Why does it feel like Christmas to you?

It doesn't for me. With moving just 2 days ago and still have tons of boxes everywere. I fly to my mother's in 2 days with 2 small children and I can't find the carry on bag and my dryer doesn't work. And my hubby is deployed. But it snowed so this would have been my first white christmas ever.
Anyone else not feel like it is christmas and if you do why, I need inpiration.

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 10:21 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry about your situation I myself am in a situation and not in the mood for xmas I've tried shopping,decorating,xmas music and have found it is not the most wonderful time of the year LOL...it is what you make of it I suppose!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I am sorry about your husband. I know that can be hard, even more so over Christmas. When Im feeling down about Christmas I light up some of my cinnamon candles and stuff that always makes me feel like it is more Christmasy. Also maybe at home even though you have tons of boxes you could try putting up a strand or two of lights? I love Christmas lights LOL. So that sometimes helps me LOL

hugs

holding ornaments

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Turn the music on. If you don't have a local radio station doing all carols, try last.fm and set up a multi-tag station for "Christmas" and "holiday"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Christmas has a way of sneeking up on you sometimes. Just be patient. Get were you need to go. The boxes will be there when you get back. You will find Christmas when you least expect it. Merry Christmas!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i haven't felt much alike Christmas untill it snowed somemore first time here this winter. i went tru a kind of drama this past week and even though tried to live regular life - went small Chrismas shopping - did not feel it at all. i worked myself hard on the issue involved, thanks to my bf idea, and i see at least some hope and light ahead. truly moving your stuff compared to my problem is like nothing. maybe you should simply come to an idea to go for ... i'd think of having 'primitive Christmass alike ancestors in a cave or in the camping area'. i'd just take whatever the littlest and a must and go, if not by yourself then maybe a friend. or by imaging at lest how would it be...? and to enjoy the season to its managable extend! you will feel better about your home after you you'r back..
    abcbebe

Answer by abcbebe at 11:04 AM on Dec. 20, 2009