Should I be concerned...

I know when kids get sick they don't eat like they normally would. Mine has had double pink eye, and cold which Dr. thinks turned into sinusitis. So she is on an amox. combo and nebulizers. In the past weeks she has hardly been eatting. Like the last two days 2 jars of size two foods, very few puffs and a total of maybe 20 oz. She has been drinking some water from a sippy cup. Earlier in the week she was also hardly eatting. She has been this way for over a week. She is drooling so I do not think she is dehydrated, but she sometimes acts like she is in bad pain. Should I be concerned with her eatting this way or maybe its just from her cold/sinus infection, you can tell she lost some weight in her face. By the way she is 11 months old.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter had the same issue minus the pink eye. She too only ate the min. I wouldnt worry to much about it. If you are concerned though it never hurts to call a childrens hospital nurse line or even your childs dr.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Doctors worry more about the fluids.. Keep fluids in her all the time, when she ready she will eat.. I hope that she gets to feeling better soon..it sucks when the kids r sick and u can not make them feel better...
    froggymommaof3

Answer by froggymommaof3 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• As long as she's peeing three times a day she's getting all the nutrition she needs... good luck momma
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Just keep the liquids in her.She will be fine

Answer by admckenzie at 2:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• If you still breastfeed, let her nurse as often as she likes.
    Make some miso soup; it is very healing.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• if you are oncerned bout nutrition give her pediasure if you are concerned about dehydration at all give her pedialyte
    heatherblack21

Answer by heatherblack21 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 21, 2009