What's the best recipe for deviled eggs?

I've found many many recipes for deviled eggs, but don't really know which one is the best one. I'm wondering though if anyone has the recipe which includes just mayonnaise, the egg yolk, salt and pepper and maybe one or two other spices. Thanks all!

Asked by JLB10887 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• These are our favorite:
    * 6 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
    * 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
    * 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    * salt & freshly ground black pepper
    * sweet paprika
    Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and mash them with the mayonnaise, mustard, until smooth and velvety. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place equal amounts into hollows of each egg half. Garnish by sprinkling paprika over the top of the eggs.

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I use miracle whip, salt, pepper, mustard, crushed bacon and tomato cut into very small pieces.

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I don't follow a recipe really, I just add and taste - I use Miracle Whip, black pepper, usually a spoon of pickle relish but not always, and a dash of paprika on top after they're stuff, for color, but not always. The simpler, the better, IMO.

• An unusual recipe, my grandmother and mother used it. At pot lucks there are never any left over. Mash up the yolks with a fork, add about a teaspoon of sugar, salt and pepper to taste, mix in vinegar until spreading consistency. I use a couple tablespoons at first and then taste and add more if needed.

Answer by Bmat at 12:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Theres this stuff called sandwich spread. Its in the grocery store near the mayonaise. All you do is add it to the egg yolks. You dont need salt or pepper or anything. Its great. you just mix it to the consistency that you want it to be. Another mom told me about it and I made them and they were awesome!!

Answer by Shyma at 12:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I mix the yolk with hummus

Answer by rkoloms at 8:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2009