To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.1 Peter 2:21

what is your example?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Um... I don't attend church because I don't want to, but thanks anyway...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• How I live my life is an example....and I am an atheist:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Wow,that's a tough scripture!I think I don't have a example it's Jesus I look to and the fruit of the spirit,is love ,joy,peace,patience and self conrtrol that's my example.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• The example of living in the fruit of the spirit is in Galations 5;19-26 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident,which are;immorality,impurity,sensuality,idolatry,sorcery,strife,jealousies,out bursts of anger,rage,hatred, but the fruit of the spirit is love,joy,peace,patience,kindness and self control.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• sahmamax2... :)) !
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• it is tough, i try my best. I try to be humble and not showy, i go door to door preaching the good news. I'm submissive to my husband as he is the head of our household. i love my neighbors and try to love even the bad people that i know.
    Anonymous

welcome

Anonymous

• When read in context it is talking about Honoring Authority. 1Peter2:21
    13Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, 14or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. 15For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men. 16Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God. 17Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king. 18Servants, be submissive to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and gentle, but also to those who are unreasonable.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• 19For this finds favor, if for the sake of conscience toward God a person bears up under sorrows when suffering unjustly. 20For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. 21For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, 22WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH;
    Shaneagle777

• 23and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges righteously; 24and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. 25For you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Guardian of your souls.

I make every attempt to follow these mandates.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2009