Will my cookies/treats be ok?

I'm on a baking frenzy. By the end of the day I'll be done. This is what I made or am making today. Will they last until Christmas without freezing them? They are in airtight container with saran wrap for reinforcement.

Fudge
Oreo truffles
Buckeyes
Cream Cheese truffles
(all above in fridge)

Turtles

Cookies:
oatmeal raisin
peanut butter
sugar
thumbprints
pecan sandies
choc chip
white choc chip

and finally choc coverred strawberries
Thanks!

yldflwr

Asked by yldflwr at 11:28 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Everything should be fine in airtight containers. Expect perhaps the chocolate covered strawberries. Its been my experince if they sit around for longer than 24 hours the berries start to get soft and then mushy.
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 11:50 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I agree with ithi. The stuff you have listed for the fridge is perfect, the rest should be fine in airtight containers. The only thing is, don't mix the cookies in the containers! If you absolutely have to have more than one kind per container, keep soft ones together, chewy ones, crunchy ones - if you mix soft & crunchy they'll both get weird. Also, to help keep soft ones soft, throw a slice of white bread into the container. They *should* be fine, but there's no harm in freezing them either. They only take about an hour to thaw when you need them.

I'd hold off on the strawberries though til later this week - make them as close to "party time" as you can, of they'll get gross. Once they are made keep them in the fridge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Thank you, strawberries were last on my list so I'll wait to do them.
    yldflwr

Answer by yldflwr at 12:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I made almost all the same stuff over a week ago and it's still all good. the bread trick works wonders.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 4:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I put the cookies in the freezer; baked goods keep best when frozen

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2009