why is she doing this , I cant take it anymore !!!!!!

My 21 month old DD is crying and wanting me to hold her all day long. This has been going on for like 3 weeks . I cant even leave the room without her having a nervous breakdown . Also she asks to get in her bed alot to . It seems that is the only time she is content is when she is in her bed playing or watching a movie . She acts like she doesnt feel good but I have had her to the Dr. twice and she is not sick . Is this a stage ? Or is she just beyond spoiled damn rotten ?

sarbreen28

Asked by sarbreen28 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• this seems like learned behavior. Excuse me for assuming, but do you or someone close to her tend to be neuratic?
    Anonymous

• she could be going through a growth spurt and just wants mommy to hold her when she's in pain. babies/toddlers go through a growth spurt about that age. my 2 year old did that to Dh and i about that time, one of us had to lay down on the floor beside her bed so she'd go to sleep, and slowly she came out of it, but it was about 3 weeks of doing that for nap and bed times.
    Wrtngfantasymom

Answer by Wrtngfantasymom at 1:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• sounds like a security thing or she could be having those growing pains. try giving her tylenol if it works she's going through the growing pains if not it's maybe a security thing.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 1:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• sounds like a control thing to me.... my son started the "terrible twos" at 18 months, a lot of his issues being the only kid, were control issues, acting like you described. i have a child development background, google the child development stages. you will find with 2 yr olds they do a lot of experimentation with how they effect the world, what is their roll, look it up it is interesting and helpful to know what is normal and what is not.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• It's not being spoiled. Something is bothering her. Be patient and try to figure out what it is. Is there someone else in the house that scares her?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My bet would be she's going through a phase of separation anxiety. My son who totally never cared if I left, suddenly got far more particular about my leaving at about the same age as your daughter. wanting to be in her bed may be her way of feeling secure. Try to reassure her when you leave her that you're coming back and remind her of that each time you come back ("See, I told you I'd be right back."). If that's the problem, she'll get better over time. If it continues or gets worse, check it with your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Could she be teething?
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 3:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Honey 21 month old is normal, try 4 years old and still whining, YES, it never stops. My 4 year old niece will cry over just about anything.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2009