Does anyone work from home? And if so, are you with an online site or know of any?

I'm in DESPERATE need of a job, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything either from experience or through friends and family about jobs for stay at home mothers. I'm actively looking for jobs outside of the home, but either way I do it will be fine. My biggest setback is that all through high school I did volunteer work, [I recently turned 18, in my first year of college] and because I have no professional experience, employers are less likely to hire me. There are a lot of sites that claim to offer jobs for mothers but I'm skeptical. Does anyone know of any that are actually trying to help and not trying to steal your money and waste your time? Or of Any type of online job that's not a complete scam, be it offiliated with a momsite or not. I rli need help, guys. I'm new to thee ENTIRE job search thing, so Any help would be greatly appreciated..

AutumnAwe

Asked by AutumnAwe at 11:54 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Right now with the way the economy is its making it harder for people to get jobs even people who have yrs of experience. I work at home myself and wouldn't go back to having a job outside of the home I'm my own boss! You can check out what I do by going to http://iboplus.com/lhink, right now we are having a special where it only costs $25 to join! Ameriplan has been around for 18 yrs if you need more information just let me know!

Happy Holidays!
    ~Linda
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 12:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I work with Internetceomoms we market for a company through advertising. We also try get consumers to save money on their grocery bills by buying the same stuff but at a cheaper price. Let me know I can talk to you more and give you information. No huge investments, No inventory, No scams, Get a check.

Danielle Shellhorn
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/danishel
    Email-Thisfamilyrocks@gmail.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 12:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• m-avi

I have some ideas listed on my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Hi AutumnAwe!

I've worked from home for quite sometime & can give you some ideas. My main source of income now is as a Beachbody Coach. It is the #1 at-home fitness company & a great way to make extra money, be your own boss, get paid to get fit & help others at the same time. You can call 1 (310) 295-1899 for a recorded message from the founder as well as testimonials from several coaches. Let me know what you think after you call & listen to that.

I've also done mystery shopping for quite awhile now & have had pretty good luck with that. If that is something that interests you, let me know & I can lead you in the right direction. Just remember that you don't need to pay to get started in mystery shopping.

Let me know if I can help you out in any way!

Rebecca www.BeachbodyCoach.com/Iowagirl69

Iowagirl69

Answer by Iowagirl69 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Hi Sweety, I actually created a site for moms like you! Everything you will find on my site is legit - so no worries about scams! I am NOT paid by ANY of the advertisers on my site for space and do NOT use Ad Words. So I have NO reason to post something that is less than above board...

Make sure to click on Work At Home Jobs to search a list of companies that hire home based workers...

www.SabrinasCloset.info

Good Luck, Gods Bless & Happy Holidays!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:39 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Hi
    I have 3 small children and researched long and hard for a work at home job. I really wanted to contribute to my family and keep my kids with me during the day. So I did lots of research and I found a great career! I recently have come across a home-based business opportunity with no large investment, no inventory and no risk. It is an Inc. 500 manufacturing company. I work from home with a company that manufactures products that we're already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer & healthier. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has benefited our family so much! I never have to leave my house to be successful! If you would like some more information, please feel free to ask me about how I made it happen for my family! I would love to share the information about our company!
    www.BeHomeNow.biz
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 3:25 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/my2scents

Let me know if I can help with any questions or details. Happy Holidays!!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 10:57 PM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Hi! Please feel free to subscribe to my FREE e-newsletter imom news. It's a site that will give you great info and classifieds on working from home. www.imomnews.com
    Also, if you 'd like additional info please visit www.freedom2bhome.com. I've been working from home for several years successfully and my passion is to help others do the same!
    Blessings,
    Kim
    imomnews

Answer by imomnews at 9:34 PM on Dec. 26, 2009