Why do I fall for guys so easily? How can I work on this so I can prevent this in the future?

When I meet a guy and start talking to them, I start falling for them. I usually end up depressed cause I don't hear from them as often as I would like. I always assume that if they are wanting to talk to me, then they want to eventually be with me. All of a sudden I think that I deserve more out of it and that they don't like me anymore if they aren't talking to me on a daily basis. I never just look at these things as friendship and it frustrates me. I want to be able to have guy friends and not always assume that it's always going to lead to a relationship. I need some advice on how to not let it get to me everyday that I don't hear from them... I always feel so lonely and rejected when I don't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds as though you need to build up your self-esteem. Discover about yourself- find what you like and develop this talent or interest. Get excited about things you do. Grow. Volunteer work is a good way to learn about yourself and to build confidence and self-image. Good luck to you!

Answer by Bmat at 12:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• How soon after meeting them do you have sex with them? Maybe you are looking for one thing and if you are giving "IT" up so quickly, they take what they want and go about thier marry way.
    Anonymous

• I don't have sex with anyone unless we have been in a relationship for at least 6 months. So as far as the guys I just meet, they don't get any of that from me.

~OP
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should spend more time working on a stronger relationship with yourself before putting much stock on one with another guy. Depending on yourself for happiness, joy, etc keeps you from depending on others to provide it. I heard one time that you have to work on being 100% of the best of yourself before you can be an effective part of a relationship with someone else.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Honey your self-esteem and insecurities are off. Girl life is too short to sit back and worry about small things like that. Move on, if does not call, move on, you will find the right one, but do not sit back and sob over it. Like Beyonce' said, "You must not know about me, I can have another you in a minute, matter of fact he'll be here in a minute". God created too many of them to cry over one, or maybe two.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Why don't you focus on your child(ren) until you are more mature.
    Anonymous

• I am 25 and pretty mature... you are not mature for being a bitch.
    Anonymous