is it possible pregnancy on mirena question

I got my mirena in october.. i had a period october 12th for 2 weeks and havent had one since then.. i cant feel my string i never could i went and had it checked it was in right but i still cant find it and nethier can my husband... so i have been sick the last couple weeks nauseated and what not.. i also have gained about 10 pounds in about 2 months.. i have a perfectly round pouch with i never have.. i plan on going and getting a test when we get some money... i have the same pains in my overies that i get when im pregnant... and i think i have a uti.. which i only have ever had during pregnancy!!!! is it possible that it could have moved and i got pregnant or is it not likely to happen??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its possible but not likely. I was sick with my mirena it has something to do with the hormone in it. But with my own experience I found out I was pregnant when I was supposed to be on the mirena and when I went to the doctor they couldn't find my mirena at all. they said it probably fell out without me noticing so anything is possible.
    alexaryan

Answer by alexaryan at 1:26 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• If neither of you can feel it, then i'd say its very possible your pregnant, get a test asap if you can... its not likely to have it fall out but i'm sure it happens... Try some like really odd sex positions and see if he can try and feel it with this penis.. my iud pokes my husband all the time so maybe if it's still in there he will feel it.. otherwise congrats.. if you are..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i got pregnant on the mirena!! I had alot of the same symptoms and i went to the doc and got tested. The mirena also caused me to have a tumor in my uterus and it hurts really bad when they baby hits it
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 2:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i had mirena for 14 months and had all those symptoms at first, so it really could go either way. definately get into the doctor since you cant find the string, regaurdless if you are pregnant or not.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:09 AM on Dec. 21, 2009