Is it really full disclosure when the votes happen at 1 AM?

They passed the bloated pork masquerading as defense bill at 1 AM Friday. They're having the next healthcare vote at 1 AM tonight. What happened to all that open communication with the people and letting them see what's going on?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:36 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, the people did vote for change...

I thought this was supposed to be HISTORIC! Why would something so blessedly wonderful need to be HISTORICALLY voted in at 1:00 am. It makes you wonder what kind of last minute crap or during the vote crap they are going to throw in.

I think they should add a few new rules up on the hill, one of them being all votes have to be during business hours M-F. The only exceptions being a true emergency such as a military one.

Oh and junk like the $300 million Nelson is getting...Obama should personally fork it over. The taxpayers in my state don't even have enough to keep enough teachers in the schools or cops on the street, let alone medicaid for Nebraska.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Pfft he nor they ever had any damn intentions of transparency other then towards the last president..this president and admin are more full of shit then any other yet imo
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• So many had to be bribed with sweet deals to even get on board with this lousy bill...sold their souls..if it passes I hope they will be happy hope it will be worth it...useless no good sobs
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• and thats the D's and R'S who sold out
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Obama is COMPLETELY FULL OF IT. HE said when HE got in that HE would clean this crap up. HE said there would be transparency in HIS white house and HE would hold the House and Senate to HIS standards.....anyone seeen this happen....ANYONE?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• He IS holding them to HIS standards...THUGGERY lol...and if they wont play along he bribes them
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Politics as usual, ladies......... Congress and Ex branch- we voted for every single 1 of them-they were not appointed.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I did not vote for them none of the ones selling their souls or the ones being thugs
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Congress and Ex branch- we voted for every single 1 of them-they were not appointed.

***
    Maybe YOU did, because I certainly didn't and my conscience is clear! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• What are you talking about? The people we elected to VOTE KNOW whats in the bills and they are there to represent us...Don't like it? What is YOUR idea, NEW government rules? Throw out democracy?

If you have no faith in your elected official, DO SOMETHING...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2009