Anyone else have a Christmas fiasco?

I'm so bummed. I ordered a 12 string acoustic guitar for my hubby and I just was emailed on friday that it was on BACK ORDER. It was supposed to be here tomorrow. It just irks me so much because back order means it could arrive at the warehouse tomorrow or 3 weeks from now for all I know. Plus it said they had plenty in stock when I ordered it. Darn it!!! I'm a really bad peeker too and I already saw that he got me a nice diamond bracelet and now I'm going to feel even worse being empty handed on Christmas. It is all about the kids but I am so into giving and this is something he will LOVE. :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Holidays

• giftI'd give him a card with the email inside. It's the best you can do under the circumstances. Then again you could put yourself under the tree. I'm sure that would take his mind off the problem! Woo Hoo!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Make him a gift certificate saying something like " Present this gift certificate anytime after December 25 for a 12 string acoustic guitar" and put it in a nice small box and wrap it up. Then you aren't "empty handed" and you can explain about the back order. BTW, don't worry about peeking, I do it too. Only I got caught by my son! lol Merry Chiristmas!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 1:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't sweat it. I'd be mad at the company but if you can't find it somewhere else and cancel that order then go ahead and print out a picture of the guitar and leave it in a card that says "Coming soon! Watch for UPS!" or something. What a bummer!
    Anonymous

• lol thanks ladies i love the suggestions :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2009