how do you explain to your child he's not getting a nintendo ds because...

my 7 yrl old wants a ds for xmas but I've found maybe he's too little for one cuz he broke his sisters by dropping it and lost some of the games the first time he played with them how would you change his mind??? or how would you talk him into something else??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Holidays

• Just tell him that you aske Santa and he told you the game set is for bigger kids, ask him what else he would like!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Why are you reasoning with a 7 year old? You're the parent, just tell him no.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. explain to him he is to young and he will have to wait another year. if you have promised him pryer to... use santa sad no as an excuse sure... realize it is an excuse though and maybe bank on it turned out badly if someone without your knowledge tells the child that santa doesn't exsist...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Try a Leapster...my kids played with theirs until they were old enough for a DS. They are a little tougher and the games are pretty good. :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• If he cant take care of one then i would give him on and tell him why. My kids are 3 and 6 and play fine with ours. but they do have to be careful with it.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My 9 year old wants a ds too. I said no. She doesn't need another reason to sit on her butt doing nothing. I just told her no, stop asking.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• He gets what Santa brings him. If he is not happy then tell him to take it up with Santa next year!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Wow to the above posters! Talk about being heartless to a child!
    Just tell him that Santa doesn't bring that type of toy until youre older. I think the Leapster 2 is a great compromise and much less expensive!
    Anonymous

• I would just tell him "We feel you're not ready for one." Then give him the reasons you gave us. That he broke his sisters and lost the games. Don't sugar coat it, don't let him think that it's just because Santa won't bring it. Let him know the real reason you aren't going to get him one. If he doesn't hear it straight he won't learn. Be honest with him and get him something else.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I agree with the Leapster 2... It is a great and sturdy system with many game options! There is also something called the Didj by Leap Frog that is more for his age range. http://www.leapfrog.com/gaming/didj/
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 3:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2009