Does anyone know a home remidy for curing a yeast infection?

I was told to take a bath with some vinegar in it. Does that work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Health

• *remedy*
    Anonymous

• Works like a charm! I did this when I got a yeast infection while pregnant. I have no trouble with using monostate - I've used it before without problem but I was just broke at the time and didn't want to pay for the stuff.
    I put 2 cups of vinegar in the bath and soaked for a good 20 minutes. Did that for four nights in a row. Now I do the same about once a week, just for maintanence purposes. It doesn't come back if I forget, though. While you're treating the yeast, don't use bubble bath. I'm not sure why but that seems to make yeast worse.
    My midwife told me to take a probiotic supplement, as well as extra Vit C to treat the yeast and keep it from coming back.
    You can put PLAIN yogurt (with active cultures) down there as well but I'd try vinegar first.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 2:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Cranberry Juice.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• yogurt (eating it), cranberry juice, changing your underwear often (but honestly going with out and wearing roomy pants works better).

I have never heard of the vinegar bath before that is amazing! Vinegar is good for so many things I am so not surprised by this.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Eat yogurt and take Azo yeast. It's a cheap suppliment at Walmart. Like 6 bucks for 2 months worth. Take 2 a day while you've got an active outbreak, the daily as a preventitive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Dec. 29, 2009