What's the worst gift you've ever received?

Mines was about two years ago, my uncle bought me a Go Diego Go Coffee mug set.

HannahLee87

Asked by HannahLee87 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Holidays

• Well it seems ungrateful to single out a gift as being worst, after all it should be the fact of the giving that counts. But it popped into my mind that a neighbor used to bring over a basket of oranges every year as a holiday gift. She'd keep her basket, which was fine, but every year some of the oranges were bad- not just soft but badly molded. She must have known. The first couple years I thought well she didn't realize. But one year I said oops, look at this, this one is in pretty bad shape, and this one also. And I put them, with a rueful smile, back into her basket. It was the last year she brought fruit over. I never did figure out why she though it was OK to give moldy fruit as a gift. It wasn't that she had nothing else, not that I wanted anything- a homemade bread would have been fine for exchanging gifts between neighbors, she was well to do. So I can't figure out her thoughts.

Answer by Bmat at 2:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Mine's close to yours...it was spngebob pajammas. (Close as in both cartoons neither of which I can stand)
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 2:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• *spongebob sorry.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Too funny! My FIL bought me a cat blanket/throw a couple of Christmases ago. It was absolutely hideous. LOL. It was the only time (previous and since) that he went and picked something out himself. He was so proud of it that I had to keep it... It was a very nice gesture. =)
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 2:51 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• A pair of Cleveland Browns pull on sock slippers...I don't even like football!!!!!!!
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 3:00 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• A Tiger Woods figurine with him kicking his leg up and doing the arm positon for "YES!" but it was funny too!!
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• a native american scratchy blanket with ugly pillows, i asked my aunt to make me some indian pillows in purple and blue...specific about not native american.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• A repackaged broken George Foreman grill. It did not work and when we tried to return it we found out it was four years old.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I am so serious on this one. I have a step grandmother who is notorious for regifting and giving strange things. One year I got the candle set I had given to her the Christmas before but the candles had actually been melted. Wth. Then she gave my mother a stack of wrapped up magazines from 1982 that were her dead mothers. They had my bio grandmothers name on them! They were like 15 year old magazines. How weird! Then she gave my mom a purse that was obviously used that had cigarette butts in the bottom of it and animal hair inside it. She knows my mom is allergic to cigarettes and cats. I think she's seriously got a screw loose. Its the thought that counts, meaning if you give something out of spite its the hateful thought that counts! She gave my son a toy from a Sonic Happy Meal that had 1993 on the bottom of it last year. lol.
    Anonymous

• a pillow
    Anonymous