What was I worried about?

I took my son to the doc the other day for his first shots. I was a nervous wreck! Once we were there we of course had to wait forever! So by the time it was shot time I had calmed down a little. However, the doc said I could leave the room, so I did. I couldn't watch those needles going into his legs. Bu what was I worried about? He barely even cried. He wimpered on the first one and the other two he didn't even make a noise. The nurse told me to come back in. So tearyeyed I went to consol my baby who once saw me SMILED! I couldn'tbelieve it. He was fine for the rest of the day and didn't even act as if he was bothered by the shot site on his legs. So thanks to all the advice. It helped me stay a little calm. Now I have to make an appointment for the 4 month shots!!!!

HarpersMom715

Asked by HarpersMom715 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son flips out every time he sees the stethoscope. But when he got his finger pricked to take blood, he was smiling and laughing the whole time. Kids are weird, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:32 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• my little one is 18 months now and knows what neeles mean now, and doesnt like the paper they lay down, but i freaked out tthe 1st few times she got her shots too, one time i almost passed out becouse i saw blood,lol. its actualy better for u to be in there for ur baby. just dont look at the needles, hold a toy and talk to him. i still make her dad hold her while she gets her shots,lol
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I think next time I will be in there since he didn't mind much.
    HarpersMom715

Answer by HarpersMom715 at 12:24 PM on Dec. 21, 2009