What does pineapple do??

I saw a post saying that pineapple may help to conceive?? How does pineapple help with conceiving??

lovinthislife08

Asked by lovinthislife08 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• For IVF cycle: consume equal amounts over five days, beginning on the day of your embryo transfer.

IUI cycle: consume equal amounts over five days, beginning on the day of your IUI.

Timed intercourse cycle: consume equal amounts over five days, beginning on the day after ovulation.

Note: Be careful not to start consuming pineapple too early in the cycle. Beginning to consume pineapple BEFORE the reccommended days above can actually affect your vaginal and cervical mucus PH, making it more acidic.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I dont know about conceiving, I have only ever known that it improves the taste for oral sex, it is true of any sweet fruit if you eat it in large enough amounts.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I heard about it for oral also.....someone told this person to eat it...I don't know if it was supposed to be ate at a certain time and now she's pregnant!!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Using Pineapple to Assist Implantation: Pineapple contains bromelain. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that breaks up proteins that inhibit embryo implantation. Consuming a whole pineapple (focusing on the core as it has the highest concentration of Bromelain) during a fertility cycle can be beneficial.
    Crissy1213