Is it normal for a toddler boy?

He touches his penis all the time. Scratches it or just holding it. He's 2 yrs old. Is it normal? Should I tell the dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Of course it is normal. He is discovering his "pee pee" My son grabs his in the bathtub or when I am changing him. I have 2 boys-my other son did too.
    flowermom76

Answer by flowermom76 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• sounds like the typical man, lol
    Anonymous

• Yup, my son does that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Yes, I have 3 nephiews and they all did it..!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 3:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Come on, quit being perverted.. he's a normal child. Yes, they all touch themselves, in fact, so did you. It's something THEY all go through. Quit talking about it. Sheez.......... immature parents these days.. get a clue.
    Anonymous

• Yes it is quite normal, my son is 15 now, he did it at age 3. Just a discovery thing, no big deal.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

She just asked if it's normal. Sheez, you're so immature to give a responde like that. She just wanted to know, that's all.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 4:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• my son does it to. especially when I change his diaper. So now I give him a wipe and tell him to wah it off when I change him. he also likes to put ice down his diaper. he stips off and puts cold drinks on it too. it's normal and the more you drw attention to it the more he will do it. Kids love to shock their parents and if you react they will do it again and again! lol
    good luck mama!
    Anonymous

• Normal.
    Anonymous

• lol, yes it's very normal and girls do it too but at a different age and in their own way. It's always a good idea to teach them that in public or outside the privacy of their bedroom/bathroom where others can see is not a place for that... he'll grow out of it but it does take some time and reminding him.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2009