• In the Spotlight:

Is it normal for a once very long cycle to come more normal in length after a pregnancy?

I have always had long cycles, usally between 45 and 50 days in lenght when not on birth control. I got prego this last Auguest, but misscarried in Oct. My following cycles have been shoter, by about 10 days. I thought I had my ovulation day pinpointed, but now that my cycles have got shorter, Im not sure anymore what to expect. I am trying to get prego again, so I need to know if this is a normal thing, and how can I figure out my new ovulation time?

Megalin

Asked by Megalin at 3:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• yes it is very normal for our bodies to regulate themselves after a pregnancy..and I am so sorry for your loss! the usual rule of thumb is 14 days after your period, you will ovulate...but that all depends on the munber of days in your cycle. I would suggest buying some ovulation predictors, and charting...there are some awesome websites where you can do this...I have a fertility calander on babyzone.com, and it tells me when my best chances to concieve are
    Anonymous