are u going to judge me too?

so my life isnt perfect.
i am a single mom of a single mom.
i live with my mom, as does my 10 year old brother and my 9 month old son
in section 8 housing. my mom has always been a SAHM as i will be.
we are on food stamps, wic, (i dont breast feed), and state medical.
i am 22.
i get child support as does my mom (for my brother)
we use that to pay our internet, elect. etc.
We only have 1 car to go grovery shopping with and run errands.
Now.. i see everyone telling people they are bad moms for all the above.
I have my own room, as does my mom.
and my brother and my son share a room
They are very happy, we all are. I spend all day making sure my son is super happy.
So how does any of the above make me a bad mom???
If you children are happy, fed, clothed etc.. how are you a bad mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think you are a bad mom if you don't breastfeed---

There is more to being a mom than BREASTFEEDING.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 8:27 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• i dont think you should be considered a bad mom for that but why cant you or your mom get a job? you cant survive off welfare forever
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I am not going to judge you but I will ask why you do no plan on working.Is there a medical reason that you don't work or it just because you refuse to work? Personally, I do not agree with your style of living, but I am not you.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I don't think your a bad mom you seem like you love your son, maybe you just had poor role models in your life. I think you need to better yourself and get yourself an education, so that you can support your child and get off welfare. I think welfare is something that should be temperary and people should not be allowed to abuse the system so that they can be a SAHM
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 4:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Even telling you that you are a good mom is a judgment so being judged isn't always a bad thing. You can be judged a winner. That's a good thing. We all must get by in life but if we can take care of and make our family happy then life is pretty good. Keep up the good work with the mom stuff.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Your not a bad mom, the problem is the cycle that has started and is continuing to the next generation. your mom relied on state aid and so you were taught that it is okay to just rely on the state to pay your way and you and your mom are teaching these children it is okay to rely on state aid.

I had a single mom and she busted her A$$ and only used medical and food stamps if there was no other way, it was rare we were on services growing up and we learned that it was important to work hard, not rely on the world to take care of us. No your not a bad mom but a great of example of how the system fails and is a way of life instead of just a resource for bad times.
    Anonymous

• Another question I have is, why expect the fathers to pay child support then the mothers do not financially support them? That is a double stand to me.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• both you and you mother should get a job, maybe work different shifts so that you don't have to pay for childcare
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 4:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• No, no medical reason. I feel i need to stay home with my son for now. that could change in the future but right now im expecting to start working when he hits first grade. I can work while he is at school and he would never know the difference.
    Anonymous

• I'll judge you. Honestly, I think it's stupid that you won't get a job and will live off of welfare if you have no reason other than you just want to be a stay at home mom. If you are able, you should have at least a part time job instead of mooching off the system that is supposed to be there for people who are down on their luck and need a helping hand. I think it's selfish. I also think you're not doing all that you can to show your child and your brother what it is to be a true member of society. You are the type of person that gives people on welfare a bad name. What kind of work ethic are you showing your son and your brother? None. You're showing them you don't have to do anything to get by in life as long as you take advantage of the tax payers.
    Anonymous