DH and I disagree on leaving my 4 yr old home.

My DH thinks it okay to leave my 4 yr old son sleeping in the house alone. While I run him 10 minutes up the road to work. Now mind you this is 5:30 in the morning. He says he will be fine and I completely disagree. I will not leave him in the house at all. My DH is trying to make me feel like an over-protective mom but I feel its just common sense not to. Your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Your dh is wrong, I would NEVER leave my kids alone, especially at that age. Sleeping or not.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• NO.... he's 4, he could wake up, not find you and take off outside looking for you, get lost and then what? Get him up,take him with you, let him stay in his jammies, then when you get home lay him down with you and snuggle back to sleep..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• If he works that close to home, tell him to walk or ride his bike. It is actually illegal in most states to leave a child of that age alone in a house for any amount of time.
    Anonymous

• Ya I agree with buzymamaof3.You should NEVER leave a 4 y/o home alone.Just think of all the things that ould go wrong while your not home.I don't mean to scare you but...His safety is more important than his sleep.so your DH is SO wrong...
    CCCurstynn

Answer by CCCurstynn at 5:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i am sorry but for you to even need to ask people on here is not smart thinking. You being a mother should right off the bat know its not a smart thing to do. if its only 10 mins tell ur hubby to walk if you dont want to take your son out.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• your right he is wrong, I saw a neighbor almost lose her child because her BF left for work with the baby sleeping before she got home, she had no idea the baby was home alone. apparently someone noticed and called the cops, the poor girl came home to find cops and almsot lost her baby. It was very sad the BF got the boot btw.
    Anonymous

• I'm usually pretty relaxed about stuff compared to other moms on here, but I wouldn't do it either. I can sort of see his point, chances are extremely small that anything would ever happen, and it would be a huge hassle to have to wake him up so early, but even so I don't think it's a risk I would take.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• If anything happens in that 10 min, you are in BIG trouble. You get that boy up. Or, better yet, let your husband car pool.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Very simply, it's illegal. If anything were ever to happen, you could lose custody of your child.
    Anonymous

• DH is wrong.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:27 PM on Dec. 20, 2009