Whats the best way to start running?

I want to get into running. Whats the best way to start? What are some key equippment I should have? Should I start small and work my way up? My goal is to be able to run 2 miles.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Try the Couch to 5k program at coolrunning.com. Get yourself a good pair of running shoes and get
    out there!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Just start! Set a goal of maybe a quarter mile at first and move up as you feel ready. Also, invest in a good pair of shoes!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 6:15 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• After 2-3 weeks of doing an hour on the treadmil at the steepest level at the speed of 3.3 I was ready to run/jog. I suggest building on the treadmil at the fastest walking speed and then get into the jogging after that(you will know when you are ready!). Good luck and enjoy!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• equipment? how about 2 legs and a good pair of running shoes? How to start? go outside and start running preferably not in traffic
    Anonymous