It's been 6 weeks since my baby was born by C-section. I never stopped bleeding. Blood turnd brown, like it was going to stop then the next day I started bleeding worse, Is this normal?

I had a c-section, I haven't stopped bleeding since. About six weeks. It started to turn brown 3 days ago then the next day I started to gush blood (like a period.. with clots and stuff) I had the cramps and everything that day, afterwards, I started to have pains in my abdomen, casueing me to go back to taking my pain medicine again. Could it be because of my period starting and stomach getting smaller that the pain would increase and cause me to bleed heavy? Also, I was wondering if hemorrhoids cause you to have painful bowel movements, and itchy bottom? If so, does hemorrhoids go away on their own? I am very concerned about the bleeding the most.. I get light headed and start blacking out every time I stand up and start walking, which is very scary when you have a baby in your arms.. i try my best not to hold him while I walk, I get my husband to carry him. I didn't bleed this long with my first c-section. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're doing too much!!!! You got to take it easier! elevate your feet. Get help with your house work(if possible), try to stay on 1 floor(easier said then done, I know but its necessary!). When you are over doing it your body lets you know(after having a baby its by the blood, after surgery its both pain and blood from the wound site, etc). Now if after relaxing and taking it slow it continues call doc asap!!! For the hemroid question its a yes. They can but do not always go away on there own. The doc should have given you colace to soften your stool. Tuks medicated pads help with discomfort and there's cream too but I forgot what I used 3.5 yrs ago. If you didn't get colace they sell it over the counter now(and because I used them while breastfeeding its what I suggest for gentleness!). You also probably need some iron pills from losing all that blood! Call doc for your post-partum check up, which should've been this week!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• My incision is healed all the way on the outside, but that doesn't mean it is on the inside does it? I've been lifting my 30 pound 3 year old. They won't see me until next month because of the holiday's. Do you think this heavy bleeding could be my period? I hav no idea how to tell since I never completely stopped bleeding.. sigh. i'm a big worrier I want to live to see my babies grow up !
    Anonymous

• I know!!! Yeah, you gota stop carrying around your 30 pound baby until your body heals and gets back on track! After 6 weeks if you have not caused it to rip back open I think you're in the clear!!!! I hate that you have to wait so far out just because of the holiday(I do understand but you needed to be checked!). If it begins to get vibrant in color(dark red btwn scarlet and brick color) call your ob! I think with some r&r you should see a big difference within 2 days! Try to think of yourself as on bed rest!!!! I hated it too but its going to be the only way to get your bleeding to stop/slow down!!!! Get dh to help with chores and kids until the bleeding lightend(back down to a light pink). I found all this out the hard way too! I was doig chores, carrying around 3 yr old, taking care of the twins, running around with or with out kids and my ob yelled at me to slow down! Its had but its the way our body tells us to do so!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2009