Atheist question from the OP

This is the most honest true answer I read on that post, thank you!

Most of the people on this site don't believe in God and will spout out a bunch of crap to you. I agree. Do not buy nonchristians CHRISTmas gifts. If they ask why say because it is a christian holiday and gift giving on Christmas was created by the wise men. If they want to celebrate Christmas as a regular day for family and food fine but I wouldn't give them gifts and you shouldn't be made to feel bad about not giving it to them either. Atheists getting gifts on Christmas is just a hand out. They only celebrate to get free stuff and free meals. That is not okay in my book.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I truly don't understand some of the Christians on this site. Are we taught to hate? to be cruel to others? It's a season of giving, why can't we give to everyone? Just because they don't share our beliefs of Jesus being our savior and they don't celebrate Christmas as his birth? Some celebrate Hannukah, some celebrate Yule, all of which are celebrated with gifts being part of the celebration. I think we are taught to be kind to one another and to live our lives as Jesus lived his. Did you see Jesus turning away non-christians and refusing to help a person in need? Teach by actions not just by words and certainly not by being judgemental.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Wow! She makes me want to become Christian and be a nice person like her.
    Anonymous

• Atheists getting gifts on Christmas is just a hand out. They only celebrate to get free stuff and free meals.  clappingtotally agree

Anonymous

• What an awful attitude. I suggest you sit down and read the New Testament. The King James version has Christ's words in red. Read those. Find all the hate Christ had for non Christians. If you do then you are truly delusional.
    Anonymous

• Free stuff, huh? That would save me about $2000 a year, between all the gifts I buy, donations, and the dinners I have at my house. OP, I honestly feel sorry for you. It would be beneficial if you dropped the nastiness and maybe picked up a history book. You would enjoy the holiday season a lot more if you weren't so weighed down with hate.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Bunch of carpetbaggers.

Anonymous

• 'Tis the season to be hateful, fa la la la la la la la la!
    Anonymous

• Sorry - but Christmas is set on the date of a MUCH older holiday - Yule. I'm Pagan and celebrate Yule in mid-December in the traditional fashion which includes feasting and gifts from the Goddess.
    Manth

Answer by Manth at 6:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Good answer April! It is said in the bible that believers should help non-believers.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 7:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• high fiveyou rockYay April!!!!

Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2009