so im going back to being a full-time student

I have a 6 week old baby and by the time school starts he'll be about 10weeks.
Also when school starts Ill also be starting back to work so I really need some input here
I will be working pt i know that much
I will be doing 12units of school exactly: Calculus 2, Fin. Accounting, and Economics

well work should be between 10:30 and 6p...aprox a 4hr span between those times and the days will be chosen based on my school schedule
so far I have
Calculus 2: MW 7:30-8:30a TTH 7:30-9a
Econ: W only 7-10p
Fin. Accounting: online but I prefer in class classes so I might do a M only class 6-10p
what do you think? should I do the Financial accounting class 6-10p or stay with the online one? This just means if I work either M or W I'll be away from my baby a lot.. :(

I also breastfeed so it would make pumping difficult being that they dont have to let u put of class to pump

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in

• i would take as many classes online as possible if you're not willing to cut down. especially with a new baby. you need to spend time with your child and if you're over worked or stressed you're not going to be able to produce enough milk to even be able to worry about pumping it. slow down chica. i know how it is, i'm in school for my RN and this semester i'm only taking ten credits which is still a lot. good luck
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I am sorry I did not catch the question? good luck though girl!! school work and a child are hard. breast feeding may be abit much but as long as you do your best don't get down. You are more motivated then a lot of people I have ever met.

Best wishes
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 6:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Wow! I hope that you are being realistic with this schedule. 12 class hours requires an average of 36 hours a week for studying / homework. It really is better to spend a bit longer in school and do well, than to rush through it and not get everything you can out of every class.
    Good luck…

Answer by rkoloms at 7:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Thanks ladies
    the calculus class is 5 units alone
    Fin. Accounting is 4 units
    Economics 3 units

Im purposly taking math based classes because these are easiest for me, and I also only work until april and then Im done for the year, its seasonal.
    I will keep the online, flaggot13 makes a lot of sense

But I have to take 12 units this semester because I have to keep making progress or Im going to lose my scholarship, the dean gave me leeway since I had a baby so I took a whole 2 semesters off already...Im in a pickle, Im going to see if I can exchange some of these classes for online ones.

Also as far as work goes my employer is all about BF and said I can have my hubby bring baby in so thats a plus
    Anonymous