are there any natural ways to prevent...

razer burn/bumps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Health

• YES! I love passing this along because it worked so very well for me. After you shave and dry off simply roll on some regular old stick deoderant or anti-perspirant (whichever you have, or buy a stick only for this purpose if you would rather). I learned this little trick from my best friend years ago, she worked as a stripper putting herself through school for a while and she said the girls she worked with told her to use deoderant after shaving, just swipe it right on your bikini area! It works wonders I swear! Roll it on just once real good right after shaving and you will never get those nasty red bumps nor ingrown hairs!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Use clean shavers. You can clean them with rubbing alchol pads. Do not ltion right away!!! Wait a few hours. Also use sensitive skin soap not shaving cream(for areas other than the legs).
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Witch hazel helps some people.

Get waxed. It makes less waste than shaving and it better for your skin. It's way more eco- healthy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:43 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• How does waxing create less waste than shaving? When you add in the drive to the salon, it seems even worse.
    Anonymous

• Use an exfoliating body scrub before you shave it will help then after you are finished use baby oil.

MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 7:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Use hair conditioner on the hair first. Then shave in the direction that the hair grows. The bumps are caused by shaving against the direction of hair growth.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2009