what should i do!

im with my babys father and we get along but im not what u call happy and he is he doesnt want anyone but me...but i think i should be with him just for our sons sake...WHAT SHOULD I DO?

cloes_mommy417

Asked by cloes_mommy417 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Only you can make that decision! But I will say this: staying in a relationship that doesn't make you happy and just to be a "family" for your kids sake will only get worse. In order for our kids to be happy, we need to be happy! Kids can pick up on things you would not believe!!! Sit and think this through and make a decisionthat will best suit you all! Good luck and best wishes!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster, a non happy mother does not make a happy household for your child.

Answer by older at 7:37 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Bringing boyfriends in and out of your kids life in order to try to satisfy yourself will wreck your kids life. Think hard.
    Anonymous

• I agree, too

Answer by admckenzie at 7:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Your child is number one priority. Do what is best for him.

Answer by Bmat at 7:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• although the anon poster is right, bringing bf's in and out of a childs life does damage, clearly if u are with your childs father that doesnt apply to you, you never said you would bring other people in his life right now, heck you didnt even say you want someone else so to anon 38 did you ever think she would be happier by herself? not nec. with someone new, anyhow if you are unhappy you need to find the reason why before you make this choice, its not an easy one, if bf isnt satifing your needs maybe you should sit down with him and tell him directly what you feel if he doesnt want anyone but you, he maybe willingly to work on things with you, i have only been married for 6 months, however i have watched my parents maintain their marriage for 32 years, i can not say both of my parents have been happy the whole time, relationships are all roses and sunshine, you need to figure out if your unhappiness can be fixed w/o leaving
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 7:56 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Don't be with anyone for any other reason then you want to be with them. If you're in it for any other reason you're wasting your time. You deserve happiness and if he doesn't give you that happiness then you don't need to be in that relationship.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Do you see anything in others' relationships with men that you think you can get with another man? Have you lived on your own before baby? What do you want to do without bf that with bf you're not doing? I can tell you being alone not dating and having a job without kids is lonely. Having kids but with a father who doesnt participate in their upbringing is even harder than that. Why did you date him to begin with, was it just a sexual relationship you'd hope would go into more than that? That I know too is bad.

Think with a cup of coffee and take a pencil and paper just doodle draw. It'll relax your mind and help you to put thought into what's happened in your life and what to do. Sometimes best choice of love isn't after all the strongest romantic love or best sex, sometimes the best choice is what's very very comfortable in a loving respectful way. What do you see deep deep in your eyes when you look in the mirror?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 8:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• if u arent happy it will rub off on your kids. they can tell when u are sad. make yourself happy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:20 PM on Dec. 20, 2009