Is my fish dieing?

One of our fish has been chilling up-side-down for over a week now.. as soon as some one goes near the tank it flips right-side-up and races to the edge of the tank were its usually fed, anyone know whats going on? My guess is that it swallowed to much air and the "belly floats". I hope hes not dieing :(

GodBless_MyKids

Asked by GodBless_MyKids at 7:38 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Pets

• it is a problem with the little guy's swimbladder. I had a goldfish who developed a condition with his swim bladder, he survived about 5 months like that but did eventually succumb :( what type of fish is it? I am sorry! if these are fresh water you can try putting epsom salt in the tank in case the fish is constipated
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 8:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• mysilentmorning, Thank you for your answer! Its a gold fish.. I will try epsom salt! I feel so bad for the poor little fish :( It looks painful! Again, Thank you for your help!
    GodBless_MyKids

Answer by GodBless_MyKids at 9:03 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• No clue but doesn't sound good.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Do you change the water often? I know if they live in dirty water it pretty much slowly kills the fish. They get real sick for Long time & eventually die of the water is not changed.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:31 AM on Dec. 21, 2009