Why don't SAHMs babysit for free since they are home anyway?

Being a single full time working mom, I would think more SAHMs would babysit for free or very cheap seeing as though they are home already taking care of their own children. WOuldnt it benefit thier children to have another one to play with anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You get what you pay for. Free babysitting is probably going to be crap anyway.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:02 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• Wow. I seriously hope you are not serious. I mean stay at home moms are at home to take care of there kids. Not everyone else's. Any other child in there home would be extra work. Not to mention another mouth to feed. My children stay with a mom who is a Stay at home mom who is working by babysitting my kids. I pay her. And provide food. i would never think anyone should keep my kids for free.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• lol. thats a ridiculous statement. its hard work taking care of other peoples children. its a JOB....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• HA i work and wouldnt expect someone to watch my son for free or a discount. i dont even expect this from family!!! You shouldnt EXPECT anything from anyone...they have THEIR child to care and provide for. Another child would be a job and they should be compensated as such. Now it would be nice for a mom that was staying at home, like a friend to exchange child care, like ill watch your child for XX times while you work or do whatever, if youll watch mine for XX times, so i can run errands or get a break....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Why babysit for cheap or free, when your the boss and can charge what you want
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I actually agree with you. I almost never accept money for babysitting because it doesn't feel right. You should care for a child because you care about them not because you are getting paid. But then, I don't babysit that often.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 8:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Are you serious? Who is raising your child? Don't you know that caring for children is WORK? I am not a SAHM. I once considered doing inhome daycare (for pay) but realized that would mean not being able to go out and about with my own child as I liked. Once a SAHM starts babysitting, her clients depend on her to be there. To make ends meet, she either needs to watch 6-10 kids at once, or charge pretty high rates.

If you do find a SAHM mom who will babysit "cheap" be careful. Anuone who says watching one more child is no big deal, isn't going to make a big deal out of caring for your child. Yours, and hers, will be parked in front of the TV eating cheetos all day.
    Anonymous

• i have a job also and i would never have thought of that, that is ridiculous. It takes work to take care of a child especially one that is not your own. If your child is napping, you can nap or clean, but what if that other kid is wide awake and a handful.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you find a man so you can be a sahm and then tell me how you would feel about babysitting for free while you have your own kids and house and everything else to take care of.
    Anonymous

• I run around with 3 children - taking them to school, activities and appointments. Why, exactly would I need to put someone else's child into my already crazy schedule? Not everyone is cut out to babysit. And babysitting is work, why shouldn't someone who is working not be compensated for working?
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:19 PM on Dec. 20, 2009