Meds during pregnancy anyone? chronic pain/mental health folks

Anyone taking medication for chronic pain/took meds for chronic pain during pregnancy/anyone not? what helped you make your decision? Also, Benzos...Klonopin? anyone? for panic and anxiety? Zoloft? If anyone had to use these resources of health during previous pregnancy, are you willing to share your outcomes? If you chose to wait until after the baby to start up again on your meds, how did you deal!?

mysilentmorning

Asked by mysilentmorning at 8:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was a lucky...I quite taking all my meds...which included, depakote, and klonopin daily when i found out I was pregnant...and the pregnancy hormones kept me sane..lol... i know don't take anything except some ambien for sleep.

Try talking with your doctors both ob and the doc that handles your meds about ones that are safe for you in pregnancy.

Know is a great time to learn some other coping mechanisms for anxiety, such as meditation, self-soothing and other emotion managment techniques.

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I appreciate your input! I am docking out the klonopin but I find my stupid little heart just a racing and me bouncing up in the air like a bullet with the tiniest noise :) so I can't seem to cold turkey it like I am the pain meds (I am nauseas anyways!!!) we talked about zoloft, and I will stay on it unless the baby doc says to come off per my pdoc, pdoc said no way I can be without medication of some kind for my anxiety/panic ;/ and I'm afraid he is prob right just because of my dosage/my zoloft dose is 200 mgs so it will be a nightmare if I decide to dock that one...he said if the baby doc says they don't like the zoloft that he needs a list from them what they approve of during preggers but he was not too worried like I am freaking out! my GP is a doll he said to me "if you were MY wife I'd tell you to stay ON the meds" but he said that discussion is in hte hands of my ob and pdoc. Thanks again!!
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 8:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i sent you a pm.......
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I am a clinical depressive. I took 20mg of lexapro per day on my doctors orders with no problems
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• For my first pregnancy I was taking abilify and lamictal for depression and anxiety, my baby is fine. This time I was taking cymbalta until I found out I was pregnant then I quit it cold turkey, I feel ok but I did start on low dose zoloft because I need to keep the depression/anxiety in check (its very complicated). As for pain meds, tylenol. I have fequent severe neck spasms and headaches, tylenol just takes the edge off but I do other things like take baths and apply heat.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 10:55 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• thank you ladies!
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 1:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2009