Is this a fair deal?

I am going to be baby sitting this lady's 2 year old in my home. Mon-thurs. From 7:15 am until 2:00 pm (Only lunch and a snack daily). they are in a rough patch and I want to help out but we are having a hard time to so that's why I am doing this. I asked for 80 a week plus some food. Like peanut butter, bread, milk, crackers and mac and cheese type stuff. Is that to much? I mean I feel it's fine and she seem revealed at the price and was very much okay with the food request. I just figure that 80 a week is going straight in my pocket if she is bringing her DD diapers wipes and some of her meals right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Bless you for wanting to help someone in need in this way. That is a generous price, for a short time, and for not having to use your own groceries & such. God will honor your generosity!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I think you are being very generous. It is good you are having her provide food and diapers and such. If they are in a rough patch make sure you get paid up front for a week. I know a lot of people who let friends slide and ended up never getting paid. Make it plain, pay for the week or she can't come over.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I think that if you are okay with it and she is okay with it then it is a good deal. If you think it is not enough or she thinks it is too much then call around to some of the local day cares and see how much they charge per week and go from there. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:22 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I think it is fair for my area, but prices vary so call around like PP said. Also, I have watched children in my home for a lot of years when mine were smaller so I could stay home with them. Fee's were always paid up front on Monday or the children did not stay. I also gave 1 hour after knock time to pick their kids up or I started charging extra. People whether they be friends or family will take advantage or you.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:29 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• i'd be thrilled to pieces if i got a sitter that cheap. Even the kids in my neighborhood are charging $300 a week.
    Anonymous