Cramping on the sides in early pregnancy normal?

I feel a little bit of cramping on each side of my uterus. It sort of reminds me of the feeling you get when you are about to ovulate or have a cyst on your ovary. Is this normal? Has anyone experience this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? Since it's both sides, it's probably just ligament pain or something. If it was just one side, it would be cause for concern about a possible ectopic pregnancy, but that shouldn't cause pain on both sides.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:59 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I am 5 weeks and 4 days. The feeling comes and goes. It will be on one side and then go away. Then it starts on the other side and then goes away. It's not very painful but noticeable.
    Anonymous

• Oh and it seems to get worse when I have a full bladder.
    Anonymous

• sounds like round ligament pain to me. Unfortunately the aches and pains will only get worse as you get bigger. You can take regular strength tylenol to take the edge off. Always bring it up to your doctor during appointments though, even if it is only to ease your mind.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I had this also. It was my ligaments stretching.
    captaintara

Answer by captaintara at 9:42 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Sounds like the ligaments stretching. it's normal, don't worry about it!!!! You're in for many more aches and pains!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I had this from 4 Weeks to 10.5 weeks...it seems to have stopped for now. It was not very often...more noticable when I was still...like lying down. It felt more like mild shooting pains then cramps. I have chalked it up to ligament stretching.

Best of luck to you!
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 8:14 AM on Dec. 21, 2009