Why do some working moms think they're the only ones that get tired?

I am a working mother but I don't think I am doing a harder job than a SAHM. Why do some ppl think that SAHMs have it easy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in About CafeMom

• you should give yourself a little more credit...you have 2 jobs
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Baceause staying at home your in the comforts of home. You can nap when your kids are at school or taking their naps. You don't have a set schedule. You can eat and drink and use the bathroom when you want, and your not on your feet for 8 hrs at a time. I work full time now but I used to be a sahm and bein a sahm was A LOT easier. I go to work then come home and take care of dd and dh and the rest of the house duties. And no someone else does not raise my child. She is NOT in daycare. Dh and I raise her. Just thought I would put that out there before it was mentioned. Lol.
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I've been in both places, and I don't think either is a harder job. I will agree with the PP, though, about it being nice to take naps when the kids do (though right now I've got one who takes a morning and an afternoon nap, and the other naps in between, so that wouldn't help me much were I staying home, lol). My bigger issue is why my working husband thinks he has more right to be tired than I do as a working mom who then comes home and makes dinner and takes care of kids while he plays video games or surfs the web. :P
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:13 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Well, I am a working mom. I don't really agree with the OP. Not that SAHMs have dothing to do. They have to cook, clean, raise their kids etc. We, working moms, have to do ALL these PLUS go to work, bring work home, stay up late (depending on the nature of our job) etc.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 9:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• No one knows what another person endures whether they work at home or out of the home so they shouldn't even try to compare and say who works harder. I've been both and I worked hard at both and got worn out by both. I'm just glad the stress of all that is over! I'm way too old for either one now!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:17 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Both are very hard. I have been both but I can say my life was easier being a SAHM. I didn't have to come home from working 8-10 hours at work just to do the other half of my life like; cook, clean, help with homework, baths etc.. Hats off to all SAHM's and working moms period.... !!!!!!! Both have there rewards and challenges. We all still have a job to do and for most I hope the most important is their children.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:34 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• It depends how many kids the SAH mom has. It depends what kind of job the working mom has. In some cases the working mom WILL BE more tired, in others the SAH will.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Just being a mom is hard. I have been a working mom with 2 toddlers and now I am a SAHM to 3 (ages 6(in 9 days),3, and 18 months). I love being home with my kids, but sometimes I do miss working.

Why do we have to have this SAHM vs WM thing??!! It's hard anyway you look at it. There are days when I think I have the easiest job in the world. Then there are days that I haven't been able to get out of my PJs, because I have been busy taking care of sick kids, cleaning, and things just are not running as smooth...... just like working moms. And I get frustrated. Sometimes I want a break too. I am at my job 24/7. I know when I was working - I had to bring my work home a lot, but I was still not at "work" - I was home - which was still "work", just different work. KWIM.....

I say mom's rock - who cares what you do - taking care of kids in hard work.

Please stop comparing one to the other - it doesn't matter!!!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 12:00 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• I think being a working mom or a SAHM each has it's own challenges & rewards. It's really like comparing apples & oranges, IMO.

People can get SO nasty about it though- I have heard SAHMs called lazy, users, & told that they have no idea what work is or how good they have it. I've also heard working moms told that someone else is raising their kids & that their priorities as a woman are screwed up. Personally, I say do what works for you & stop judging others until you have lived in their shoes!!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 12:51 AM on Dec. 21, 2009