terbutaline(sp?) for contractions

has anyone used this to stop contractions, did it work, how long did it take to kick in, any thing i should know about it?

my doc gave this to me to stop contractions, i just took one and wondered how everyone else did that took it.

ashleywilkerson

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 8:58 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes I was on it. They gave me a shot of it the first time I went into premature labor it worked but.. I hated it! It made me feel like I just ran a marathon and couldn't catch my breath. 1 week later I had to go back to the hospital and refused the shot. They gave me the pill form instead. I believe I had to take it multiple times a day for it to work.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:12 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I have it. Makes my heart race. Kicks in rather fast. I try to avoid it with rest and water but take it when needed.
    Anonymous

• I was on it every 4 hours for 6 weeks with baby #2. For me, it was always in my system so I wouldnt necessarily feel it kick in. I HATED how it made my heart race! It was hard to fall asleep and you could literally see my heart beating in my chest! But at least it worked and my DD was safely kept inside
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2009