Do you get Depressed this time of year?

If you get Depressed. What do you do? Especially if you're missing deceased love ones. You're jobless and feel hopeless. You can't afford medical care. You can't take meds. You can't afford to donate enough money for your church. So you don't belong. Etc.. You don't get enough nutrtion. Get enough light! Etc.. So you're just Sad and depressed! What are some sure fire ways to feel better? What works for you? How can you help?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 9:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Health

• Volunteer to help others who are less fortunate than yourself is a great way to keep your mind off your own problems.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• yes for a long time I felt depressed. But things got better once I met SO and we had a baby! Now I have a family of my own and I am going to carry on my traditions growing up. I always miss my family this time of year though.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• A nice hot bath does wonders, so does exercise. Even just a 15 minute walk each day will help.

Do you have a hobby? I take 1 to 2 hours each day for myself to do something I like to do.

Do you like to read? The library has free books you can borrow, and you'll be getting out of the house.

Make it a point to get up in the morning and get moving. Don't allow yourself to stay in bed or sit around moping.

Do you have enough $$ to buy a full spectrum bulb? Not one of the super expensive sunlamps, but like a grow light for plants? They'll have what you need for light. Make sure you can get 1 hour a day with the light shining on your face. If you can't get one of those bulbs, can you try to get 20 minutes of natural sunlight on your face, preferably in the morning? (see, those daily walks will get you out in the sunlight)

~hugs~ I know it's not easy. I went thru it & can't take the meds so I had to rely on other ways.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 21, 2009