doing an application ,how can i say that i quite my job bc i didnt have a babysitter

and of corse say it professionally nad that im willing to work at night when hubby will watch her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Personal obligations?
    Anonymous

• I'd put down that I needed a shift change that the previous employer couldn't provide

Answer by admckenzie at 9:14 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Scheduling conflict. That will let them know that the only reason you had a problem was because you couldn't work when they wanted to you to, and if the new place wants you to work, they have to schedule you when you're available. Keep in mind, though, that schedule limitations may cause some potential employers to discard your application off-hand. I know there's nothing you can do about it, but if you don't get a call back, that may be why.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:16 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• You can flat out say you were having child care issues but that they are fully resolved now, I ve had this issue before and the employer isnt too upset to hear child care issues as long as they know its not going to be an issue when working for them
    Anne.Marie

Answer by Anne.Marie at 9:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Short and sweet - "Scheduling Conflict" is perfectly acceptable.

In my previous job, I did the hiring and firing. If you say anything about not having childcare, even though the issues are resolved, it raises red flags. Stick with the 'Scheduling Conflict" and you should be fine.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:49 PM on Dec. 21, 2009