Chronic pelvic pain?

Has anyone dealt with chronic undiagnosed pelvic pain?Ive been complaining for awhile now to my gyn and I keep being told that everything seems fine. I had an exam the other day though and everytime she went to feel something I was in horrible pain on either side of my pelvis. But theyve done an ultrasound and exams and keep saying its all normal and basically to deal with it. Any advice etc??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Health

• yep..i'm dealing with the same thing..i just had an ultrasound last week and my pap was normal. They said it was probably scar tissue from my c section which was normal. Its been 5 yrs though!!!!!!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• Dear Chronic Pelvic Pain,

I understand what you are going through. I went through the same thing 5 years ago. I had a simple UTI, the infection went away with antibiotics, but the pain never went away. I was in pain all the time and I was very frightened, because my gyno said the same thing. She said there is nothing wrong with me. Bull, there was something very wrong with me. I wanted to punch her in the nose. LOL. Seriously. You could have spasming pelvic floor muscles. It took 5 years of tests and I finally found the answer. Because of my pain, I am now on antidepressants that (Thank God) are helping me tremendously. Also I am controlling my pain with pain medication. You should check out a PT that specialized in pelvic pain. Good luck to you.
    Pam
    Pamela0725

Answer by Pamela0725 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 21, 2009

• It could be a few things.... is it random or are there specific times when it hurts. Is it in varying locations or a little bit of everywhere? What kind of periods do you have? Are you on any kind of BC? Are you always in pain or are there good days and bad days?
    K.D.
    Anonymous

• (OP) I do realize it could be a number of things the problem is getting my gyn to realize that. Because the ultrasound was normal and they dont feel anything during an exam they keep saying theres nothing wrong or keep wanting to blame it on bowels. Endometriosis runs in the family, i had cysts removed from an ovary and fallopian tube when i was 16, and had to go in for a laparoscopy for a dialated fallopian tube a few years ago. Which the doc didnt take out cause it was fine when he got in there. The pain is generally on the sides (lft and right), it seems like it comes and goes randomly. If theres something that triggers it I havent figured it out yet. I also have random unexplained cramping. I took myself off the pill because I was getting cramping for the 3 weeks I was on not just during my period.
    Anonymous

• (K.D. here) I asked all the questions I did because my doc thinks I have endometriosis. Much of what you said would fit with that. The thing is, endo can't truly be diagnosed without laparoscopic surgery to see it. Endo can cause ovarian cysts too (had one of those rupture once....definitely not fun) However, hormonal bc usually HELPS if it's endo so that may not be your problem. Sorry I can't be more help and I hope they do figure out what is up soon.
    K.D.
    Anonymous

• Hi KD

Didn't realize you responded to my answer. Please go and to all the tests you need to. I also did all the test to find out the cause and I don't have any of the inflictions such as endo etc...

My pain comes and goes. It is much more tolerable than it use to be. Just think of MY pelvic pain as a headache in the Pelvis. That is exactly what it feels like. Sometimes you have headaches and sometimes you don't.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for. Good luck and I truly hope you get better.

Pam
    Pamela0725

Answer by Pamela0725 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2009