Burning a record to a cd??? Can it be done?

I have an old record I would like to put on a CD as a Christmas present. Does anyone know how this can be done? Can it be done at all? Thanks in advance!

joannakitler

Asked by joannakitler at 9:46 PM on Dec. 20, 2009 in Technology

• there are either all in one units you can buy that will take a record and put it on a cd ...or you can buy a turntable that plugs into you computer and rerecord it that way.

either way its not too cheap.

im sure there are some buisnesses that do this as well though.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 20, 2009

• The equipment is expensive but I got it done in Ft Wayne IN for $25 with a record my Dad did in 1935. It turned out pretty good. Call around to record stores.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:15 PM on Dec. 22, 2009

• My son tells me it is easier and cheaper to find the music already on CD. But yes, it can be done.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 12:48 PM on Dec. 24, 2009

• There is specialized equipment you can buy to accomplish this.

Also some businesses can do it for you.

Yes it can be done.

It's not that difficult.... but just for one item it might not be cost worthy to purchase the equipment to do so.

It's great for an entire collection of vinyl however, and darn worth it as well.

I personally like all the vinyl recordings that are converted to .mp3's .... Scratches and all... it takes me back to another time.

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 6:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• yes it can
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 3:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• There are products you can pick up from Best Buy, I think, that have that capability.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 4:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2010